KUC – Working With the Community
One Fund For All (OFFA)
Merseyside and Cheshire One Fund For All (OFFA), raised money from people in employement, through payroll giving, to fund the 7 unemployed resource centres in Merseyside and Chesire including KUC.
These Centres provide a range of service from welfare rights advice, tribunal representation, employment rights, leisure and cultural activities, training courses, business advice and information advice and guidance on jobs education and training.
Three of the Centres have been awarded Community Legal Services franchises and also the CLS quality kite mark.
OFFA's main activities are fundraising on the 'shop floor' to fund the activities of the unemployed centres in Merseyside and Cheshire. OFFA is seen as an overarching agency working with employees, employers, local authorities and other voluntary and community agencies to enable unemployed people and their families to obtain employment and escape poverty.
'Challenging poverty and fighting unemployment through our network of Unemployed Centres. Employed people helping the unemployed people by virtue of their payroll giving.'
Specifically, OFFA carries out the following activities:
* Raises funds for the resource centres by regular contributions form those in work.
* Provides secure, regular funding for unemployed resource centres to carry out their activities in an autonimous manner.
* Guarantees that none of the money raised is used to administer the fund.
* Has over 50,000 contributors, nearly all of them giving through payroll deduction, GAYE (Give as you Earn). These contributors are from all walks of life.
* Is a vital link between the employed and unemployed.
Providing these activities is not cheap. It takes over £1m each year to keep the network of Centres running. Although memberships is growing it is vital to ensure that these valuable and quality services continue to grow and develop in response to the needs of it users. The Centres are yours. Be sure to support them.